They swept the "Album of the Year & Artist of the Year" awards at Melon and Mnet.
In just two months "WINGS" records 710,000 sales.
They receive great responses from Billboard and Youtube
Their tickets for Gocheok Dome concert in February 2017 are sold out
Even the tickets for North and South America "WINGS" tours are sold out
Idol group BTS's dream became a reality. BTS won the "Album of the Year" and "Artist of the Year" awards which are equivalent to the Daesangs at this year's Melon Music Awards and Mnet Asia Music Awards, now they're the "Daesang Boy Scouts". Their achievement shines brighter because they have won these awards in just 3 years since their debut and they are not from a big company. They are the first artist from a company other than the big 3 entertainment companies like SM, YG or JYP to win the MAMA Daesang.
◆ They proved the explosive "support of fans" with their album sales volume
BTS showed eye-catching growth in album sales which measures the "fandom activity rate". 714,000 copies (according to Gaon Yearly Chart) of their second full album "WINGS" which released in October were sold in just 2 months. This is almost 30 times the sale of their debut album "2 Cool 4 Skool" (24,000 copies) they released in June 2013. This could be called an explosion of "fan emotions".
Their previous albums released before "WINGS" are almost being sold continuously as they are gaining new fans. The group showed significant progress in the digital chart which measures the public popularity. Their debut song "No More Dream" was ranked No.99 on Melon's Weekly chart. Their "I NEED U" released in 2015 received favorable responses with its popular melody and entered No.32. They soon drew a rising curve with "RUN" (No.21), "FIRE" (No.18), and "Blood Sweat & Tears" (No.11).
◆ They showed active performance in Youtube and Billboard
The largest global video site Youtube is one of the important elements that evaluate the singers' global popularity. BTS has 8 music videos with over 50 million views on Youtube. Their "Dope" music video which was uploaded in July 2015 has reached over one hundred million views in just a year and 4 months.
Their high views lead to achievements in international music charts. BTS put their name in 4 "Year End 2016" charts announced recently by US Billboard with their album "WINGS" and they're receiving high praises as a group that joined the ranks of "World Star". BTS is the first Korean artist to enter "Billboard 200" with three consecutive albums and they're also the first Korean artist to debut at No.26, changing the history of the highest charting record of Korean artists. They were also the first Korean artist to enter the UK Chart and "Blood Sweat & Tears" set new records by topping iTunes charts of 97 countries.
◆ The audience for their concerts multiplied by "20 times"
Their concert scale became larger as their fandom grew. BTS held their first world tour in 2014. They began with 2000 seats at Yes24 Live Hall in Seoul and drew 80,000 audiences in 18 cities in 13 countries. Their concert scale in Korea gradually increased from Olympic Hall (3000 seats) to SK Olympic Handball Stadium (5000 seats). They began their Asia Tour last May at Seoul Olympic Gymnastic Stadium (12,000 seats) and held 14 concerts in 10 cities, attracting 144,000 fans.
They will be opening their "WINGS" tour at Seoul Gocheok Dome with a two-day concert in February 2017. The tickets for their Gocheok Dome concerts are sold out (forty thousand seats in total - for two days). BTS will be attracting 130.000 audiences by holding their "WINGS" tour in 5 cities in 4 countries.
Original article here
1. They're followed by these results because they are a group of boys who work hard to achieve these results! BTS, let's only walk on super star road +145 -0
2. They didn't become famous overnight... it looks like they grew up very gradually. I'll be looking forward more. Thank you for spreading Korean gayo and KPOP around the world +132 -0
3. I love all their songs from I NEED U, FIRE, Save me, Blood Sweat & Tears ㅠㅠ +129 -0
4. 80,000 audiences in 18 cities and 130,000 audiences in 5 cities (shivers). They're amazing +110 -0
5. As expected from BTS. Their HYYH did not end~ I'm looking forward to their future +101 -0
6. If you call yourself a debut fan and say things like "BTS became famous in overnight", that proves you're not a debut fan.. You need to know the hardships BTS went through and the sleepless nights they spent +27 -0
7. I love all their songs~ their class is different+26 -0
8. I really knew you guys would succeed like this... You guys worked hard and let's do better next year my babies +24 -0
9. Amazing singers..! Fighting +23 -0
10. It's really amazing to see their achievements like this. Record Boy Scouts♡ BTS Pride +22 -0